सूरज

सूरज

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

shoulder dislocation



OH! writting a post after a long 6 month gap , lots of things happen during this period , the one remarkeble thing was my shoulder dislocation.
This was the the time of winter vacation and I was in my maternal home. Actually my grandma(नानीजी),who is now about 80 years old was bit ill ,I wanted to meet her.She is my inspiration and I love her very much.
The date was 4th december 2006,me and one of my cousin were playing badminton, and shuttle cock went to the upstairs, we need to go by ladder there.As I was the eldest person there ,I decided to go and earn the chance to show my climbing skills. I climed the ladder like a army jawan but unfortunately when I reached at the top , my right foot slipped , I tried to hold the edge,but atlast i found myself on the ground.Nothing happened, but I felt that I was unable to lift my right hand above 90 degrees.Soon I was feeling pain and bit headache too.The time was about 6 o' clock in the evening.
The place from where I fell down --
I went to Famous doctor(Mr.Raju) of the town, and he adviced me for a X-Ray.My shoulder was dislocated. Dr. Raju tried his best to reduce it , but he observed that for a heavy man (at that time I was of 96kg) like me, it was difficult to settle the bone back without anesthesia, so he reffered me to city which is 30km from 'our town .

The Orthopedic started talking to me in telugu,I requested him to talk in english or hindi atleast.एक तो चोट लगी है और अनजाना देश.
The first thing Orthopedic asked me was--"Is this dislocation for the first time ?"
then he tried to reduce my dislocation by physical means , but atlast he had to apply anesthesia.
He asked--"What u have taken in nashta?"
While applying the anesthesia injection he asked--"Do you booze(Do u take alcohol)?" I said no, never.
Then he said--" now you are taking it" and gave me the injection.1st dose , 2nd dose and I started feeling sleepy.the time was 9 o' clock then.
when i came back in my senses, I was vomiting.I was wearing a sling.I was really behaving like a drunker.It was really difficult to tackle with me in the clinic then.I was shouting something,My uncle and driver somehow took me to the car.
I was brought back to home at about 10:30.
\Next day my cousin told me that I was shouting " jaihind","vande maataram", and was telling "It is very bad to booze"."Why the hell people drink alcohol ?"
I had to apply sling for 1 month.
Then I tried to know all the thing regarding shoulder joint and dislocation.I was not a student of biology and my knowledge of human body and its working is limited. I was fond of Arm wrestling b4 this incident and I was proud of my strong arms,but a lesson was taught to me to break my this proud. I got to know that I had suffered from Bankert lesion(ligament injury) and that Ligament building could take time of 6 months and chances of recurrence are there within this period.I went through physiotherapy and now feel perfectly fine.
The lessons I learnt from this incident are ---
That I need to loose weight , this was the main reason for the dislocation, my shoulder could not support the whole body weight and it lsot its connection.So I should start reguler exercises now , when I have completely recovered from this injury(During the period , when I applied Sling my weight might have incresed further bacause of rest).

That to do things calmly and in a cool manner .

That one should not eat anything b4 anesthesia, otherwise vomiting may occur.

That I can write a bit with by left hand and can can manage without my one hand.(haha)

That my Sony Ericsson W810i is very usefull to record class lectures.

The biggest price I had to pay was that I could not appeared for SSB for Army interview.

The following URL are very informative regarding shoulder dislocation-
http://www.ori.org.au/bonejoint/shoulder/introduction.htm
http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/shouldersurgery/a/dislocation.htm
Thank u.

No comments: