सूरज

सूरज

Monday, November 19, 2007

Relative Happiness

I was in a official trip to 'Mysore',enjoying the place,its beauty.When I called a friend working in a IT company there, he infromed me that his posting has been done to 'Bhubaneshwar' the hometown.I felt good for him but at the same time one feeling came to my heart that -'why am I away from home.'
This is called Relative happiness.
Our this happiness depends not only in our situation but also on--"Where are others in comparision to us."
We become happy when we get highest paying job in our college, all people give us repect because of their own perception of us , but then another company comes with better package and those people start giving more respect to successfull candidates of that company, their interest shifts from us then.
We are happy that we did "B.Tech" , but hey! the 2nd person is "Mtech",the other gentleman is still happier cause he is "PhD".
I am Happy with my bicycle, but then I see people riding motorbike,Car.Now I envy the top Industrialist of having his own aircraft.
I m 5'8" tall, I am Happy,but he is 5'10", oh! She is 6' tall.
These are pity examples,which show our this anxiety of knowing what other posses;
Somebody said correctly--"Jealousness is that headache which all successfull person give to their neighbours".

All this means that our happiness als depends on others. Such kind of happiness is not absolute,It is like a mirage of desire which does'nt have any limits.
Then how to get Absolute happiness?
The absolute happiness comes when we stop comparing ourselves with others, and consider ourself as the most beautifull, talented,rich and blessed kid of god.
Om shanti!!

No comments: